Medical Cannabis Freehold, NJ
What is medical marijuana?
Medical marijuana uses the marijuana plant or chemicals in it to treat diseases or conditions. It’s basically the same product as recreational marijuana, but it’s taken for medical purposes.
What is medical marijuana used for?
Researchers are studying whether medical marijuana can help treat a number of conditions including:
- Diseases affecting the immune system like HIV/AIDS or Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Mental health conditions like schizophrenia and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Wasting syndrome (cachexia)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Appetite loss
- Crohn’s disease
- Eating disorders such as anorexia
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
“The greatest amount of evidence for the therapeutic effects of cannabis relate to its ability to reduce chronic pain, nause,a and vomiting due to chemotherapy, and spasticity [tight or stiff muscles] from MS,” Bonn-Miller says.
How does it help?
Cannabinoids — the active chemicals in medical marijuana — are similar to chemicals the body makes that are involved in appetite, memory, movement, and pain. Limited research suggests cannabinoids might:
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce inflammation and relieve pain
- Kill cancer cells and slow tumor growth
- Relax tight muscles in people with MS
- Stimulate appetite and improve weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS ● Control nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
Contact us at Rehability today in Freehold, NJ to find if Medical Cannabis is right for you!